Montag, 26. Juni 2017

{Review} "Ink"














Title: Ink (Skin Book #1)
Author: Alice Broadway
Publisher: Scholastic Press
Pages: 390

There are no secrets in Saintstone...

Description

Forget books on paper. In Leora's world, there's only one place to tell a person's story: their skin. Every action. Every deed. Every success and every failure - tattooed on your body forever. Let's hope you have a good story to tell. But what about when you die? Well - that's still not the end of the story. Your tattoo get removed and made into a Skin Book: a record of your life. So, when Leora's father dies, she wants to honour him like this. Except that something is very wrong. His ink has been edited; his book isn't complete. Who has done this - and why? Did she ever really know him at all?

My opinion

I thought about writing this review in german or english. But because it is an english book I decided that I have to write an english review.
At first the cover: It's awesome! I am not a big fan of shiny and gleaming books, but I think the bronze cast adds a plain touch. 
This book taught me many new English words, that also means I had to search in the internet for the translation of some words. But I think it is better if you learn something new instead of reading only things you already know.
I was gripped by the first second, suspense was guided me all the way through the book.
I was fettered with chains made of ink and words. 
Alice Broadway created a dystopian world, where all the significant moments in your life are your inked on your skin. All the achievements and defeats. This let people know who you are and that builds trust. Or maybe I only let them think, they know you. After you die, your family gets in the property of the book made of your skin that creates a way of living on. Sometimes it gives the family some consolation as well. But there are also people who don't want to tattoo all their experiences on their body, those are called Blanks. And because we humans always need an enemy image, the Blanks don't have an easy life.
This book shows, how much decisions and deeds can weight and that some of them can trammel you till death.
When I found out that there will be a second part, I hardly could breath, because I was so happy. I am really looking forward to the next book.

Conclusion

It's a really well-written dystopian book which shows how much deeds and choices can weigh.
I give it 5 out of 5 infinities of books

Yours Ju

1 Kommentar:

  1. The cover is absolutely stunning!
    I'm not a huge fan of dystopian but it sounds really interesting. It would be so creepy if I'd have my whole life on my skin, but then again it would be quite intriguing. I love your book reviews, Ju! <3

    AntwortenLöschen